View Single Post
Old 16-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #673
Undertaker
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(halocrime @ Jul 16 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]299718[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
This forum is a godsend. I've recently rediscovered LOL and am almost to the end of the game. Playing it has brought back such memories! The puzzling Urbish Mines, the nightmare that is level 3 of the White Tower...I can't get over what a great, challenging, fun, and exciting game this was (and still is!).

One thing I've never understood, though, is that black serpent thing on level 3 of the White Tower. Does that thing just appear randomly, or is there a rhyme or reason to its appearance and attacks? Is there any good defense against it? The ghosts were annoying enough -- even with two Emerald Blades -- but I don't think I could have made it through this time around without the smackdown power of Vaelan's Cube to kill the ghosts, coupled with using it to constantly refresh my MP to cast heal spells for everyone injured by that damned snake. Anyone who does level 3 without the Cube has my admiration.

Anyway, just wondered if there was more to that snake thing than its seemingly random attacks.
[/b]
The Dreamsnake is a spell cast by the Wraiths. There is no (known) way to protect yourself from it.

Level 3 isn't so hard if you move around smartly (is that even a word? :blink: ): try not to fight them directly, but step to your left or right and then backwards, so that the spirits will have to move forward towards you and can't fire their annoying fireballs while doing so. While they're moving, you can get free hits in.

Hope it helps. k:
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker