View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
PrincessCasey

Default I've been busy :)

Hey everyone

I've started getting into the whole MAME craze and...well...my obsessive compulsive side kicked in and I ended up with this after a couple of weekends:

(Cor. Do you still think it's possible to send off for the "Komic book")

As you can see it is far far from done and needs loads of TLC but the important thing is all the buttons are working and MAME is set up properly

Now obviously I am still very much interested in dosbox and I would like to eventually set this up with some older games, however the few I had when we were younger where the point and click adventure games. I remember fondly the Amiga 1200 age and will probably set up UAE this weekend. This might be blasphemy on here and apologies if it is, but sometimes the Amiga port was often technically superior to the pc version
Casey ducks under the rocks thrown at her

Anyway I know these days you can mix and match to your hearts content and that there must have been some PC exclusives that I've missed, it would be fantastic if you could recommend some nice 1-2 player arcade compatible classics for me

The other question I have is a technical one: The way my control panel works is Windows thinks that it is a couple of game pads. I have heard that there is software that can translate button presses to key presses as in keyboard. Will dosbox be fooled by the same software? If not then will dosbox be okay treating them as game pads?