View Single Post
Old 29-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #34
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

I have finished all 7 Keen games on the hardest difficulty (AFAIK, the first 3 games only have one difficulty setting). There are some tricky parts but after a few (or many ) attempts I managed to beat every level. And without any cheats of course, only saved the game quite often because I didn't want to start every level from the beginning every time I died.

The Well of Wishes in Keen 4 is perhaps the most difficult level from all of the games. Maybe it's just because it's so different than any other level. If you play this level on the hardest difficulty remember that Keen moves a lot faster when he swims to left or right.

You can't normally jump as high as on the lower difficulty settings with the pogo stick. But if you take out the pogo stick and press jump immediately Keen jumps a bit higher than normally (only if timed correctly). This helps a lot when you need to jump a few pixels higher. This trick works in Keen 4, 5 and 6.

For some reason I think Keen 5 is the best in the series. 4 and 6 are equally good as are the first three. Keen Dreams can't be really compared because it's so different than the others but it's a good game too. All 7 games highly recommended if you happen to like platformers.