View Single Post
Old 15-09-2006, 08:21 AM   #7
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Last time it was Counter-strike. untill they eventually found out that it was not the game but the conditions they lived in and their parents who maintained a weird relationship with them.

i agree that violence might makes us numb. that's why i like the Austin powers movie where for every guy that get's killed they contact their familly and ring them the news. something you usually dont' see elsewhere, but makes sense.

also it owuld be good to make a film (maybe a trilogy that are so popular now) of same story, with same actors but from different points of view. For example, imagine Star trek from Borg's side and their struggle to survive. :-) or what about Black hawk down from one of the Somalies that died when trying to capture the marines. it could be made similar, with same scenes, only from another perspective. -- nah no one would be insterested. they are just no-name africans that died.

The interesting one is The tank (or is it The Beast?!) of russian soldiers in Afghanistan. If only the tank comander would be crazy the film would get another dimension. somehow you see how basically both the Taleban and the Russian supported Afghans had a very good point to fight. one fought back cause their families were tortered or killed for no good reason while other joined russinas because they thought they oculd bring prosperity in the poor region. but not many films show both sides of the story. and usually like here one is distorted.

Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor