Thread: Hi all!
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Endymion

Default Hi all!

Hey everyone, I'm going to be honest, I was trying to post in the tech support forum, but I am (for no good reason I can tell) completely unable to do so. I'm mostly posting now because I've run into a problem I can't fix that seems to make a game I want to play, unplayable. It's in Mechwarrior, and I'm going to see if posting this here allows me to go post in Specific Games, as I know I should.

Long story short? I am trying to play the game, I am running WinXP SP2, on an IBM t42. I am trying to play the game in DOSBox .72; I have already reset mpu401, but the first glitch I've noticed overall is that I cannot recruit crew in the bar. Rather than the hung black screen with blinking cursor that happens after a mission, the game simply freezes, no matter what I do. As I said, I'd like to pull this out of here and put it in Troubleshooting > Specific Games, but I can't post there right now. Which is, needless to say, annoying.

Otherwise? Greetings! I'm a DOS gamer like you all, I like old machines and old games.
Endymion is offline                         Send a private message to Endymion