View Single Post
Old 17-11-2005, 11:16 PM   #11
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Nov 17 2005, 09:27 PM
Mmm, artistic doesn't nescessarily mean good looking, or nice sounding.
Right now, Half-Life looks like crap, but that game was artistic, it didn't seem like someone took a level editor, then pieced all these areas together, you felt like you were in a science facility, that kind of feeling is artistic, managing to make a area look like a picture that you're walking through, going through events and such so smoothly they all just seem like normal incidents.

Other games that fit in this category could be Shadow Of The Colossus, Soul Reaver, Morrowind, Thief, and etc.
Older games aren't really quite that artistic, mostly because they didn't have the means to produce such appealing and fantastic worlds and pictures. As mentioned before, many do manage to do that, like Loom, or Monkey Island.
Funny thing about art, you don't have to agree with me!

You see, if I find something "artistic" or "art", then it is even though you might not think of it or agree with my train of thought.
Another example is Picasso, I do not like his work at all, in fact I find it at times ugly, still, there are many people who think of him as one of the greatest artists ever.

efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios