View Single Post
Old 16-06-2006, 10:30 AM   #22
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

Hi im kinda new to this, but you recommended this thread to me in one of the game threads, i think othello, so im about as nooby as a noob can possibly noob, so bear with me here. I reckon this would be the most amazing thing to be able to do, and to able to do it good would be awesome. But everyone has to start off somewhere, dont they? Anyways,
i have a few questions to ask you.

First of all, in the tutorial they gave me in with the C++ program guides me through the "Hello World" program and ive already typed it in and compiled it and everything, but every time i try to run it I see the command prompty kinda box pop up for a fraction of a second then just disappear. And it does this everytime. So i went a bit further to find out about loops and put a neverending loop in, and it worked perfectly, the box came up and a neverending greeting to the world flashes down the screen. But i cant work out how to do the simple one line one. Any hints?

Secondly, ive been through a couple of the programs you have posted here but every single one is rejected by the compiler, and of course, having not even been able to configure the Hello World program correctly, I cant work out what is wrong with them.

On a smaller note could you try to explain the integers and floats a bit more coz i cant make head nor tail of them. Thanx
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#