View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #22
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

Are you getting a desktop or notebook? Because the AMD A4 and Geforce M310 are low-end components meant for laptops. If you're looking to play modern games and don't need to carry your computer around, then a desktop is better and those components aren't going to cut it.

32 GB of RAM is overkill. There's no way to future-proof a computer for 10 years. RAM is cheap and easy to upgrade. And by the time you need 32 GB of RAM, everything else in your computer will be too outdated anyways to make use of it.

For dual-booting, you don't need two hard drives for that. You could partition a single hard drive into two volumes. 500 GB may seem like a lot now, but it will fill up fast. I think 500 GB is the bare minimum of what you should get nowadays. I got a 320 GB drive 5 years ago, and I'm always struggling to find room on it.

In regards to modern games, the graphics card is the most important component. Motherboard is equally important insofar as having one that's reliable and has all of the features you think you'll need. You can get away with using a low to mid-level desktop CPU depending on your needs.

If you don't care about playing current games, then it doesn't really matter what you get.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127