View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
Oskatat
Game freak

first, my opinion (sorry): if you do not like religious games, dont play them. Its like tv. noone is forcing you to watch violence, sex, or religion. There are dozens of channels and, as a final solution, there is an actual off button.

Otherwise, I do like games that challenge my knowledge. There are many games here that ask questions about history and geography or zoology and such. They ask for facts however, like "what colour is this animal", "when was this war" or "where lies the place x". I believe there even is a game somewhere where you visit all the spots that are important in the bible and have to answer questions on what happened there.

They do not however ask for an -interpretation-. They do not ask you to explain this event or those texts. My problem in this game is that they give a version of interpretation of biblical texts and present them as true, while even within christianity there is no complete consensus on every meaning

Keeping that out of the picture, combat isnt too imaginative, nor is it a very famous, popular or otherwise distinctive game. At least, not from what i read or tried myself. What i question most of all is the score of 5 out of 5.

The game is about the bible, but mostly about the text, so original. You're in a world with high tech stuff and robots but you use a sword (spirit), right. You have to convinve the council, probably with the same verses, or at least a limited number of them, so low replayability. Combat sounds and seemed, as mentioned, slightly boring after you get the hang of it.

from the review: sound and graphics are good, granted. Teaching valuable lessons and truths, debatable, as shown extensively and exhaustively before this. So, 1 point for grahics, 1 for sound, 1/2 for moral teachings (please dont go in there) still doesnt make a 5 to me

Last edited by Oskatat; 11-11-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat