Thread: Mary Jane
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 09:45 PM   #32
taikara
Abandonia Homie

I'm so pleased you asked this question, and I'm sorry I missed it when it was originally posted... :whistle:

[begin rant]

I personally feel that drugs are quite possibly the worst thing to happen to the world.

I never tried drugs other than the occasional pot-smoking at a party until last year. Before my experiences in the last year, I felt simply that drugs were okay as long as the person who did them wasn't addicted. I had lots of friends who used them occasionally as "party-favors."

I still actually feel that drugs themselves are not bad. I've done a lot of different kinds in the past year, and I never got out control, myself. Part of that, I'm sure, was that I was so scared that I would do something crazy that I kept myself focused enough not to.

People on drugs, however, I feel are horrendous. They rationalize that they're only doing it for fun, and yet if you suggest that they're better off without it, they get mad at you. I've been screamed at for no reason, babysat people who were so messed up they couldn't move and were puking all over themselves, tried to prevent some of my female friends from practically being raped, had one of my friends get beaten by her drugged-up boyfriend, been robbed, and a ridiculous list of other awful things. All of this from people who insist they aren't addicted.

As soon as I told them that I was tired of it, and didn't see the point, and didn't want to do any more, I was shunned as a leper. Nobody wanted to have anything to do with me anymore.

My boyfriend, who stopped doing everything too, except weed, was still accepted, and so they constantly were trying to get him to break up with me (which, obviously, he eventually did). I tried so hard to get him to see that they were trouble, that he was only going to be dragged down to their level, but I was just told I was being critical.

Because he still smoked weed daily, it was impossible to have an actual conversation with him, since I was sober. I was told often that I talked too much, that he couldn't understand what I was trying to say, or he would just stare at me with his eyes glazed over.

It was awful. I started actually believing something was wrong with me, that I was the only person who seemed to have a problem with the whole situation, and yet I knew deep down it wasn't right.

I think that if people could use drugs without becoming twisted shells of the people they once were, it would be okay. Like alcohol, I think some people can use them responsibly, because I did. There's a line that should not be crossed when using substances as entertainment, and unfortunately, people using those substances often fail to see that line, and cross over it and then some.

[end rant]

Even thinking so, and having been responsible myself, I don't think I will ever touch them again. It was the most miserable experience I have ever had.

taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara