View Single Post
Old 28-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #26
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyerguds View Post
I recently got my hands on a CD demo of C&C1, which contains (the same) 3 missions for GDI and 3 missions for Nod.

where the original demo only has some special stuff in the 3rd GDI mision, these Nod missions ALL have special stuff: you get flame tanks to wipe out the village in the first one, artillery to annihilate the base in the second one, and in the third one, where you normally start on a sealed off island, they made it connect right to the mainland, and gave you stealth tanks (chinook-dropped, even) once you reached the mainland.
Wow, cool Was this demo CD part of that Westwood 10 years anniversary edition box you've got? Oh, and by the way, remember some time ago I kept asking about the "anniversary edition" of C&C that had Dune II as a bonus? Wasn't it perchance included as well?

Quote:
On that note, and since the thread title includes ports too, the C&C1 PlayStation and Nintendo64 ports both contain a set of "Special Operations" which are unique to their console... well, were unique, until they were extracted
They're already there And you will be laughing, but they're actually among those things that motivated me to start this thread in the first place

Quote:
For some bizarre reason though, the programming to use this code was missing from the latest DOS version (1.22) of the game. This is made even more mysterious by the fact that the Win95 port, which is based on that version, does have the code.
Interesting... Perhaps they were using an the same source code as the basis for the Win95 version, but some last-minute changes that were introduced during the compilation of DOS v1.22 were not included in the "master" source code?