View Single Post
Old 24-05-2006, 12:58 PM   #35
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Sorry, I know this topic's a tad on the old side...

Played the Demo version just this weeked. LOVE IT. That coming from a man who never saw IV, could not stand I, wasn't a big fan of II and couldn't get used to the changes in III.
The game is awesomely well-balanced, the battles far more dynamic and challenging then those I saw in the previous parts of the series (they also require far more strategic thinking), the way heroes function is very well thought out, too.
I love the challenge the difficulty level presents, the graphics are good (IMO, they are a very good re-making of HOM&MII/III graphics style into 3-D).

Also, there was a bit of surprise in for me... you see, once you have a closer look at the whole thing, there is a number of things that feel heavily inspired by Warhammer Fantasy Battles - not that it's bad, quite good actually - and so everyone who likes the Warhammer world will quickly find themselves in Heroes V as well.

PS. Dang, now I have an urge to dust out my Heroes II and III CD's...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman