View Single Post
Old 28-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
saibot216
Super Freak

Default Azrael's Tear (first impressions)

Started playing Azrael’s Tear (finally), and it’s one of those adventure games like Johnny Mnemonic or Phantasmagoria A Puzzle Of Flesh that sort of expects you to know what to do and gives you vague clues to other puzzles. There's this puzzle I'm currently on and I saw a plaque in another room that correlated to this machine, however the pipes just don’t seem to go into the holes they do on the plaque, so this will be interesting.
Azrael's Tear is a very early 3D game, so every time you go into a new room it has to load, but the load times aren’t bad, the rooms are rather small though, for the most part. Had a couple combat situations and you have to go into combat mode, which may sound annoying, but it’s pretty well integrated. Shot an explorer and a dinosaur, good stuff. Just need to figure out that darn puzzle. So far it’s a good game, just complex.
The voice acting is actually good, which is surprising given games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, which have some pretty bad voice acting. The voice acting in AT has emotion in it, and feels genuine, which is a very nice change from previously mentioned games.
The music is quite memorable in a good way. Great DOS game music and does a good job of setting the mood. To be quite honest, the first song you hear in the game is going through my head right now and I’m highly considering getting the soundtrack right now.
I'll give you all the complete review when I finish it, but so far, that's what I've gotten out of it.

(Puzzle referred to)

Last edited by saibot216; 28-03-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: adding screenshots
saibot216 is offline                         Send a private message to saibot216