View Single Post
Old 31-10-2005, 12:50 PM   #7
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Taskmaster@Oct 31 2005, 04:35 PM
For the state of games in 1990, this game was pushing the envelope,* Sure, it is a knock off of Wolfenstein 3D, so what.* I'm not comparing Isle of the Dead to games today, I'm comparing it to games that existed at the same time it did.* The graphics, the technology imployed for that time are pretty nice.
I'd just like to point out that I bought the original copy of this game in the mid-90s. It wasn't innovative even back then, as around the same time games like for example Blake Stone and System Shock were released. The graphics were also some of the worst of the time.

I'm sorry if you felt offended by my post. My intention was to comment the game, and show where my opinion differs from yours. I believe it is fair to state a different opinion, especially when the game is as bad as Isle of the Dead.

Also, the line "the only weapon I have found is the machete" and the fact that the review doesn't mention the plot, the cutscenes, the bugs, and the different user interface in specific locations (such as the airplane at the start) really make it all sound like the game hasn't been thoroughly played before submitting the review.

..and I prefer coffee.