View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 03:09 AM   #1
Iowa
Game Wizzard

I know, there was a topic similar to this somewhere back there (in the Page of Forgotten Threads), but I'm starting this one for two main reasons:

1) To bring attention to the game FEAR Combat and it's Coop Warfare mod

2) To find games I could run out and buy for my friend's party this weekend

Now, on with the first point.

FEAR Combat is essentially just multiplayer ripped straight from the mouth of Sierra's brainchild and plays very well for something 100% free. That's right, it's completely free to download it and after you register for your CD-Key, you can begin to lose horribly against either your friends (LAN) or random fried-chicken scarfing strangers (Net Play). Either way, it's insanely fun and outrageously addictive...and if by now your PC can't run FEAR at highest settings then it may be time for you to let your current rig ascend to the heavens.

Back to my point, there's also a little mod for FEAR Combat called "Coop Warfare" that pits you and (at the very least) two other friends against hordes and hordes of the game's enemies. It includes new levels, weapons, and even character models!

It's really hard to state right here just how mind-numbingly difficult CW is (you and your friends will last 1 minute per respawn at the very most) but on the other hand it's also hard to state how much chaotic fun it can generate!

Give it a shot, guys:
FEAR Combat Home
Coop Warfare

-----

Right then, on to point number two...what are your favorite LAN games of all time? I know my friends and I are all going to be fraggin' with Unreal Tournament and Doom, but I want to hear your favorites!