View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 03:23 AM   #137
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnyKey View Post
Hi

Does anybody know how to use the "Haste" spell(doubles attacks/round and lets party age 1 year/use) without dying from old age? Are the Elven races immune to death by old age?

But on the other hand I'd need at least 1 Human Knight for the Dragonlance, I guess. How can I prevent him from dying? Compared to the powerful spells melee combat seems quite pointless to me with only two attacks, when not hasted.

Thanks you.
Haste is a useful spell, because it can also alter you initiative order, IIRC. But no, there is no way to prevent the aging, so you must not abuse it. And elves are susceptible to old age, but their lifespan is a lot longer. IIRC, the elves reached middle age at 175, old at 263 and venerable at 350, dying between 354 and 950... so the best tactic is not abuse the haste spell too much.

I don't remember if this game have longevity potions or youth potions... if that's the case, give them all to the human, half elves and kenders!

And yes, old AD&D gets very unbalanced towards magic users at high levels... but it still pays to have a couple of meatshields in your party Although I think that knights are more useful than vanilla fighters...
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia