View Single Post
Old 16-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
KrazeeXXL
BORG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
In computer programming, a switch, case, select or inspect statement is a type of selection control mechanism that exists in most imperative programming languages such as Pascal, Ada, C/C++, C#, Java, and so on. It is also included in several other types of languages. Its purpose is to allow the value of a variable or expression to control the flow of program execution via a multiway branch (or "goto", one of several labels). The main reasons for using a switch include improving clarity, by reducing otherwise repetitive coding, and (if the heuristics permit) also offering the potential for faster execution through easier compiler optimization in many cases.
I know some very good programmers and had some courses myself in all kinds of different languages. And from what I heard, "GOTO" and stuff like this is frowned upon in their little "world". For them it's probably the worst thing you could ever do to a program. I guess it's some programmers quirk. They say this isn't classy programming. So, if you write programs this way, you won't belong to their elitist club and they will hate on you.

This might sound a bit harsh, but I'm not kidding. It's definitely the truth.

Programmers like all kinds of loops, pointers and stuff like this. So you might focus a bit more on those things.

I hope this helped.

Last edited by KrazeeXXL; 16-09-2011 at 03:31 PM.
KrazeeXXL is offline                         Send a private message to KrazeeXXL