View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 02:38 PM   #287
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
You are too harsh. While BoI (in it's last incarnation at least) can be quite unfair, in most cases it's still totally playable, solvable and enjoyable. Don't use random modifiers, if you want to play for sure (and found what items means in the first place by trial and error).

What "random modifiers"?

9 out of 10 times I get small rooms with hordes of enemies, total lack of healing, and to be honest the design of enemies/rooms are entirely lacking, blurring things like "ye,you do stuff, whatever". Entirely lack feeling of progress.
The fact that the random is also present for the story told in the cutseensmakes the whole thing a joke.

You get no description of any of the 1,000 items makes them a big middle-finger, and the item-effect is like not even present. Sure, 1:100 chance for a +1 lifebulb item (for one of the unlocks you need to collect these random shits 7 times in 1 game - good luck with that), but the others are just nothing.
Your weapon does not get improved.
The active items are just plain shit (I saw 1, and only 1 useful stuff, it revealed the map of the level, still no help for fighting).
The consumables are at leas half the times are only cosmetics, and most didn't even made into the game's wiki they are such shit.

So the enemies/rooms don't differ, you don't get stronger, and by conept everything is a pile of shit. Did I miss anything?
If I could at least keep my items, but noooo, that'd be like doing progress! Youget 3 lifebulbs, and you have to pass 13+ times this unfair pile of crap, like the intention was to make Ghosts'n'Goblins 2!