View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #16
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Ij76MxZ7A&feature=plcp Umm tavern music bad? Only if you don't use MIDI for music.
Great. You found the one I was looking for. I think there was a third one too.

The first one is bit of awful, especially with the right soundcard settings, there's some horrible screeching.

At least they got it right on Skyrim

Anyway, my quick overall view of the series: While Arena is not a bad game, it really shows its age. There's all kinds of bland and overall its very generic. And repetitive.

And while I think Daggerfall is my favorite part of the series, Morrowind is a fantastic game too, as are Oblivion and Skyrim (although I havent played those yet, I think the overall opinion of those is worth believing). While the world seems to get smaller and smaller, it gets more interesting and detailed. Arena and Daggerfall had lands as big as continents but its all filled with clones of cardboard citizen. Morrowind just gives you an island with 10 to something towns, but at least they all feel more fleshed out. Its random computer-generated world vs designers working with a level editor. Both techniques actually work well and give different kind of results (good and bad) and overall, its all playable if you give it a change.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen