View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
I have tried Dominion 3 after hearing from friends that it was one of the best games out there...

Would not rate it higher than 3 on 10. It is really that bad.
Obvious question: why?

Excluding graphics, of course. Graphics here like 5 from 10 for me too.
Well, the whole system of combat for one. The system of moving units during moving phase for two. The fact that the manual is stupidly empty of all the important bits of info you absolutely need to know before being able to do well for three. And finally, the fact that the game force you to begin with your God creation phase with next to no info whatsoever on how it works and what you can or should try to accomplish meaning that you are almost entirely certain to do a lot of crappy games until you learn from your (terribly hard to swallow) mistakes or you give up in frustration and then go on the net for good, already existing builds which will always be superior to what you have done so far anyways.

The game itself is okay. It is obvious that a lot of thoughts was put into the game and all. It's a quality title... But the gameplay is next to zero.

I believe that you absolutely need to have played the first two iterations of this series if you are to have any kind of fun or understanding of the game.