View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
jex

Question a man hanging and falling down from platforms

I forgot the name of it, but I played the hell out of this game when I was in about first grade (around 1993), so my memory is a little fuzzy. It was either on DOS or Apple II. I remember it came on a huge black floppy disk, so probably apple, right?

Anyway, it was like an upside down frogger game:
-the man hung from moving platforms that scrolled horizontally across the screen.

-you pressed the button to have him let go of the platforms. As he fell, he could grab onto other platforms lower down using the same button.

-there were enemies flying in the spaces between platforms that would kill you on contact.

-I think (but am not sure) that you had to get him to land in certain areas on the ground, just like Frogger had to jump into certain areas.

-so the man started at the top of the screen and fell down to the bottom of the screen, where he had to land safely in certain areas.

-I think the screen wrapped around too, so if you held onto a platform that went off screen left, you would reappear on screen right.

-there was a timer during gameplay too.

The color palette was pretty basic. I remember blocky images (8-bit for sure), and your basic colors for all objects and enemies: blue, green, pink, orange, red.

I think the man had blue for pants and green for a shirt, but my memory could be "filling in the blanks" incorrectly. I don't remember any facial features. I think it was just a blocky guy.

I have been trying to find this game for a loooong time. It would be awesome if anyone could name it for me. I would love to play it (or at least see it) again.
Thanks!
jex is offline                         Send a private message to jex