View Single Post
Old 16-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #26
tnp

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tobias @ Feb 14 2007, 12:17 PM) [snapback]279195[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Don't worry about the missing movie files though. If memory serves right, there were only two of 'em:
- An intro (typical, mechanized army shoots then explodes)
- And a weird cutscene (battleships & submarines, totally unrelated to the current game setting) [/b]
For what it's worth, there was also a movie scene of some huge tracked vehicle turning into a mining station.

I loved this game, and have only a minor gripe - the enemy units always seemed to 'know' to stop just out of range of my unit's weaponry, without previous knowledge that my unit was there. For example;

Imagine I have an Anti-Aircraft emplacement, which has a range of about 8 squares. Without 'in game' knowledge of this building (ie, without the opponent having detected this on any of their unit's scanners) the opponent's Ground Attack Planes (These can only 'see' for two squares around them) would always 'know' to stop just outside the range of my AA weapon.

I think I've only had two incidents of an enemy unit 'accidently' moving into range of a gun emplacement. Frustratingly this even seems to extend to land/sea mines, their units seem to avoid them even though I know they haven't swept that patch of terrain with their own minelayer/surveyor/foot units.

Seems mildly cheaty, even though obviously the computer knows where all the units are, the opponent AI shouldn't until it locates them in-game.

(MAX2 was awful, keep away!)
[/b]
Congratulations, you just found out the AI is smart enough to use AWACS, which can see at least 12 (or was ist 14) fields. Far more than the 8 your AA can fire.
This works for the AI, you can make it work for you.

Cu
Jan