Thread: Ascendancy
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 06:36 AM   #26
C3M

this game is worth it... cept its VERY paradoxal

i find i think ive played the game a long time, but i really dident (thats awsomly marvolus by the way )

but i notice people are having problems... so let me help (mind you i am having my own problems)

play a friendly, and very sparce galixy one with only 3 computers this way you get a chance to navigate the system... and maby have at some warfare...

another thing, so far the bigest fleet ive goten is 14 enormus ships,

my fav tactic is loading the large type ships with heavy shields and fast engins, then toping them out with point singulatiry weapons (black hole guns. short range brings the pain), also a good size of genorators... you fly in and put your shields on, then let loose 5 blackholes at your target, let him try and bust your shiled (and fail) and repeat

another tactic is to equip a large ship with 5 of thoes handy plasma cannons, this games sniper rifle , it gives you a nice platform to lay down fire on ships, plus they can take out orbital instalations in at least 5 days... 25 plasma cannon shots tend to work ^.^

Planitary defense:

very important, nocking out a planet with the right tools is to easy :S, but there are some things you can do... orbital missile batteries are nice, but get the close range satilites, there much better... and as you progress through technology, you may get a Tractor beam instalation, equip this on all your planets and equip all your planets with 2-3 shields and 1-2 close range defense satilites, tractor in your targets and cook them