Thread: Shadow Man
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #62
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
EDIT: oh, another glitch I rmemebered after reading OM's posts: At a time I was standing on a slippy pipe, and I fell from it - into lava. In the middle of the fall I hit Esc, and tried to reload. the result was, that the game (and as there is no Alt+Tab the whole computer) forze.
Therefor if you are in the same situation, just suffer the death, and reload after it.
Speaking of the Alt+Tab situation, that doesn't work for sure, but the Windows logo key will drop you back to the desktop (at least it does for me). It won't help your game saves at all, but I've used it to avoid computer freezing and then to kill the ShadowMan application from the Task Manager.

If you want to check out another "bottomless pit" glitch, there is one that I know of that seems to work without fail, but you need the Marcher Gad for it. It's in Asylum: Gateway when you drop down to the right from the entrance and follow the fire-breathing ducts over the lava pit and then around to the right. When you get to the area with the two moving platforms, you will end up on another duct above the lava after you leave the second moving platform. Walk off the bottom end of the giant 'L' shaped duct and you will fall and fall and fall. Now after what you had said Twillight, I have to go back there and check out what the sniper mode view looks like.

I still cannot find a use for the individual holster command. I know about the both hands free/both hands equipped function, but not holster by itself - either LiveSide or DeadSide. I didn't know about the roll maneuver...that would have helped me out before I finished the game, I guess. I have the controls mapped to the keyboard with keypad 5 being backwards movement and keypad 2 being crouch, so the two controls were never actually checked out in combination. Considering there was only one point in the game where I actually used crouch, I think maybe I should have figured out there was some other purpose for the action since it went almost unused.

One other thing about having your hands free besides grabbing ledges and edges. You can jump farther with your hands free. I know it sounds silly, but I think it is along similar lines to your freedom of movement when your hands are free while swimming. If you swim with an item in one hand, your direction is pulled mainly to the side of the free hand and not the equipped hand. I guess the same goes while jumping...just think of the last time you tried to run and jump with something large or heavy in one hand (or both).

Now that your Shadow Gun is gaining some power, you'll find that a full charge will tend to target things on it's own when fully charged. You still have to be somewhat facing the target, but not dead on. Try it when you encounter your next DeadWing or you are on an area/platform above an enemy and you'll see what I mean.
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid