View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
PrincessCasey

Thank you for all the suggestions you gave me, this really is a lovely community

I am thankfully much better now, I absolutely adored the origami game and played a lot of other games on that website. I had a quick go at the hobbit and the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy text games, they were a lot of fun, I really enjoyed the hitch hikers one, seems very well thought out. Also found a flash game that was text based where you play as a llama, that gave me a giggle!

I played a lot of the discworld game until I gave up and looked at a walk through (something I'm not proud of doing) only to find that it was unbeatable, that was infuriating! I switched over to princess maker 2 and had a few games of that, they were a lot of fun, and although I never managed to give her a kickass job at least she didn't end up as one of the more unsavoury ones.

I also decided to read up on Linux and played around with Xubuntu, I feel like such a nerd I got some mastery of the command line, played a little bit of dwarf fortress and found a great package of puzzle games that kept me amused for hours! I have to say I am very impressed with Bash/Linux/Gnu/Ubuntu whatever it's called, it seems wonderful to have a dos like operating system that can be as powerful as it is!

I'm still quite poorly and have a lot of depression surround this illness (I've had it since I was 12) but I am getting on with life now and getting out of bed. I'm currently fooling about with MAME (see my other thread for how much an obsession THAT took) but am looking to spend some more time with good old dosbox