View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
PrincessCasey

Thanks for the advice! I will certainly look into that ctrl F1 thing! I hope it is happy that the OS is treating it as 2 gamepads, ah I'll stop talking about it and just try it out!

I have set up Mega Drive (I think it's called a Genesis over the pond), SNES and NES emulator, they were much easier than MAME! My Linux buddy has insisted I set up a neo geo pocket emulator too, that sounds interesting, I never even heard of it but he says it would suit the clicky microswitched controls perfectly, I don't know if I'll get him off there if he ever comes to visit!

Here are the stats for nerds (as google chrome has it!):

NEC Computers International motherboard P5S800-vm
Intel pentium 4 2.93GHZ (32bit)
DDR Synchronous 200mhz 2GBs
Radeon 9600
Hitachi HDT72502 (250gb)
some crappy DVD writer
onboard sound

I don't think play station emulation is out of the question, I will have to experiment and do some tweaking.

Of the games you listed the only one I've ever played is jungle strike. I had a friend from a previous life who had it, it blew my mind at the time, especially when he got into the stealth bomber with infinite ammo! It was a really pretty game for the time and your character was so arrogant with his trainers on the white house desk when you died!

Edit:
I should also mention that if this one goes well and runs everything I want it to run I will be building a coffee table version with a much more modern system in it, This is actually my first go at any kind of DIY/wood working and I think I've got the bug for it, oh dear hehehe

Last edited by PrincessCasey; 09-05-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Added a little more.
PrincessCasey is offline                         Send a private message to PrincessCasey