Thread: Lego franchise
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2019, 11:51 AM   #22
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Now, regarding what you wrote about using Cheats in games... I understand your point of view. Yes, that would be a thought or mentality of a Purist Player: orthodox, dogmatic and without using any Cheats. Well, it is a very personal choice, option. And there are many Players who certainly share this “philosophy” of Purist Gamer...
Did I say anything about "purism" or "right" way to play? Come on, stop demonizing me.

As I said, there are some badly thought out games (very often in 80s, actually) when it's hardcore for sake of hardcore. Like aforementioned Dizzy, where you supposed to solve tons of puzzles having one-five lives. _I_ see no any incentive to have such limited lives, so I see nothing against hacking such game.

Or, say, Arcanoid game, where your progress is limited with balls.

Another sort of cheat is adventure game with walkthru. Where you are completely lost, if you cannot solve certain puzzle. I see nothing bad to circumvent it.

But I am speaking about games _built_ around some sort of gameplay. Like, killing monsters in Doom, building characters in X-Com, or gaining experience in Elite. Game is _built_ over this gameplay, and skipping it you essentially skip the game. So my question is - why? I am emphase it: not statement "you do wrong", but question "why do you do it?" I am simply curious.