Thread: Xcom Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 27-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
technophobe
Lurker

Default Xcom Help!!!

First of all if this has already been covered I'm sorry but there's over 100 troubleshooting forum posts and I'm not trawling through that lot.

Any responders please be aware that I will need lamens terms only, thanks.

I downloaded X-com Enemy Unknown/UFO Defence. When I click on the Alien icon the screen goes black and after a short while a bar of garbled colours comes across the top of the screen, there is sound but you can't make out any images. Needless to say the program is useless. If I click on the yellow sun/star icon titled simply 'UFO' the game starts up and is playable until you intercept a crashed UFO which seems to be the signal for the game it's self to crash.

I am using an Acer Aspire lap top with a Radeon Xpress 1100 graphics thingy, according to the sticker. My operating system is Windows XP, Media Centre edition. I've no idea what a dosbox is, so I'm certain I must be running the Windows version. Is DOS that scary black box which contains technical jargon? I don't like that, it looks too easy to break your computer by playing with that.
Help!
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:
technophobe is offline                         Send a private message to technophobe