View Single Post
Old 20-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
Robsie
Forum hobbit

I never thought i would see one day the pioneer HOTU to disappear into the internet abyss like this.

Despite the lack of updates in years as the owner deserted the place not interested anymore, there was always the immense content available as she continued to generously pay for the hosting.

But after their 5000 games , manuals extras .. (and some not to be found on any other abandonware dedicaced websites) that had disappeared in server corruption some months ago, now on top of this tremendous catastrophe, all the reviews have followed the fall with the host bankrupt.

Along the years, there had been some people on their boards wanting to restore HOTU somehow in a new project, but they usually all disappeared before actually doing anything.

Oldcade was actually a real hope to see the HOTU content to be saved with the games themselves, the extra and manuals, and the reviews too, but Oldcade disappeared some months ago too.

Really sad to see HOTU ending like this.
archive.org can allow to see some of the reviews, but the content is gone sadly.