Thread: America
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2005, 07:52 AM   #10
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

I like Americans in the East Coast, not the West Coast.
I don't know, all the americans I spoke to last year during my trip through the east coast were nice, friendly and helpfull, I was amazed, they're the exact opposite as the average European.

Sure they may not have a lot of knowledge about the world, but then again most people I talk to here have hardly ever heard of people like Stalin and according to polls very little people in Europe know what Auschwitz was, let alone where it was.
Lack of general knowledge is something that is plaguing the entire world, but everybody is just too proud to admit it about themselves.

I know when I visited the US last year people always asked us why Europeans hate them so much, they seemed concerned about not getting along with Europeans (so much for the egocentric attitude) and I couldn't answer. It's not because of president Bush alone, since Europeans disliked the US even under Clinton.

I think it is because of the media and Hollywood, the average european hasn't gone to the US yet (and if they did they went to the west coast) and all their information on the US comes from the news where they like stereotyping democrats as a homosexual new-yorker and republicans as an old man with a southern accent. Hollywood these days hasn't exactly helped in moderating this image.