Thread: America
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2005, 05:50 AM   #4
Evad
Game freak

Not trying to sound like a crazy internet conspiricist here, but the way things are going I can't imagine how we are going to evade another world war. Instead of pumping money into science and technology and developing cleaner and more readily available power sources, The west is thumbing its military might around much similar to a school yard bully. Living in Canada's oil province I'm just as guilty of this as anyone else out there, however I have never, nor will I ever work in the industry.
Similar to Australia's situation, we here in Canada are dragged into a lot of things, but thankfully we never entered Iraq. The funny thing is we are getting manhandled by the USA in trade. It seems that the USA thinks that if it is not good for the usa, it is just not good at all, and they always have to have the upperhand. Theyseem to have no ethical or moral compass.
The US is always talking about how they help the world, and that it would fall apart if it wasn't for them. This is hogwash as far as I'm concerned, as the US jumped into pole position through war, and have maintained it through the very same method. You look at most of the present and recent military conflicts and it was always fueled by some major power, and the usa is no different, and maybe worse. I suggest you check out znets noam chomsky archive.
For the record, I don't think it is abnormal that the usa is in its present situation, as every major power that has made a run for it has shown some contempt for the rest of the world. I'm just preparing for the worst I guess. also, no offense is meant for any american's out there, as most people are intelligent enough to differentiate between you and your gov't
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad