View Single Post
Old 21-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
ancestral

MrFlibble, I have been an avid fan of the game and on the fan mailing list for at least 15 years (and before it moved to the Yahoo group) though never a contributor. Mostly I was a bit too young to be able to contribute at the time ;-)

There are still some folks around on the Yahoo group who used to contribute. If you have questions feel free to poke them.

It’s quite odd, but no one knows what happened to Tim. I don’t think most people knew him personally. There were no game forums or any direct contact other than email. He’s never appeared nor communicated to anyone, except Skip Meier, who took over maintenance of the site and registration code system. I know he knows something, how much who knows, but remains enigmatic and protective of his personal affairs — which I can respect.

He’s hinted that Tim had lost interest entirely and still remains aloof. Honestly I can only speculate that this is perhaps due to a sudden life change (debilitating health due to an accident, illness, family issues, etc.)

In the end it almost doesn’t matter. The content is still copyrighted, but the game is free to download, play, and distribute. Some people have had success running the game in Mac emulation software (in fact, I’m trying to load it using Basilisk but running into disk image issues).
ancestral is offline                         Send a private message to ancestral