Thread: Master of Magic
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 06:01 AM   #312
Biesiuss
Exclamation

I was playing it today, I love this game since day I play it....

Keeping the things simple and experimenting, this game have a HIGH replaying level)....

The funny thing is: today I get something I call "The Flying Dutch" unit.....

And of course: is a YAB :bleh:

I dont know, I have a archmage with 2 life books, 6 or 7 books of Chaos and 1 of nature (wich I find in a Keep), .I was advanced in the game (normal level, I dont have enough experience to deal with immpossible level), also I was Myrrean and Dark Elf Civ, also extermined the other mage in myrra (Ssīra) and I have the other 4 mages alive, I have a good mixture of spells and found the Artificer and Runesmaster artifacs in some Lair too...

I was having a good time when a Dark Elfs Galleon wich I build to pick a captured-then-settled Halfings isolated in a isle to traslade to a few lone continent (I wanna more Farms) then suddendly and without explication the Galleon becomes WindWalker/DemonCaster/Invissble/immune to Poison, fire, death, and a lot of more stuff I cant rememeber/have Death precence or something (have a Skull item in his propeties)/"Corrupting Soil" stuff and having a lot of swords, shields and crosses.....and Plane Travel included...

When I see that thing i said "Wow, Davy Jones is in the house" LOL

Obviously I use to get into the most powerfull mage continent and have some fun....until I cast Crusader and
the thing was unstoppable, Shamans and lesser units (this saved game sucks cuz everyone have packs and packs of Klaklon bugs).....

The flaws this Black Pearl have: never send it against a city, he dont move at all and the game defeats u and lost the unit.

A pack of 9 Fire Breathing elite Battle Bugs ruin his paint, if u not cast anything to help him, of course...

If anyone wanna see it send me a mail to biesiuss2 (at) yahoo.com

Master of Magic Rules the planet....

Something cool characters development to add to a MoM2 or Fanmods can be:

Hero afinnity: a Chaos Hero can develop better with a Chaotic Archmage than a LifeArchmage one...

The Hability of at certain level the Heroes can be independent (LOL) exp:
Making the Heros have "Life Time", Example, Jars serve u for 30 "Arcanum or Myrran" years then retire or jubilate, This make more Heroes available (ok im tired of having Bagthru on my door every time I play) and rotate and renew the possibilities.

When u leave a certain Hero in a mid-developed city, then other mage induces him to his side, he betrays u and join the other Mage. Also u can do that with other Mage Heros, so some features to keep your Hero can be greated, like Nobelity issues or Magic/Gold rewards.

To Extend the playing Game u can "Jubilate" a certain Hero after a reasonable time of service, making him regent or something of certain number of cities.... This can help to avoid rebellions for a certain time. Dreaming a little u can creat "Bloodlines".

Made these regular "Ultra Elite" or "Champion" units generate a Hero, example:

I have a pack of Longbows garrisoned in the Main City from the beguinning, for one or another reason they survive all the game and When I finish they still there, at highest level. Why not a "special" Building available when you have a certain number of Capitals or certain monetary level and buildings where u send a Ultra Elite or Championīs to train adn get a Hero?, maybe a skill of the Archmage can be "Wizard Trainer or Hero Trainer".

That and some campaing mode can be great in this game, even If still in low res graphics what I plead is a good storytelling Game....

Thanks for having it here!