View Single Post
Old 23-01-2005, 02:27 PM   #2
bedford_parkian

(Our Scene begins in a dressing room. In the dressing room, there are a few benches and doors. One of the doors open to reveal a 13-year-old girl stumbling in, holding her lower back. She is wearing navy blue and black wrestling boots and is wearing a pink gymnastics leotard with black polka dots .She leaves the door open and finally comes to a bench, where she stumbles stomach first. Background noise is coming from the door, which leads to the hallway from whence she came The girl’s name is Jessica.)

Jessica: (Wincing) Oh, man. My back!

(Jessica looks up to the ceiling, as if contemplating praying. As she does so, a huge woman of about early thirties. She is huge and is wearing a black bathing suit and boots. She also wears fishnet stockings. She stares at Jessica malevolently. Her name is Mathilda)

Mathilda: (Evilly) Hey, Jessica.

(Jessica, startled, turns around to see Mathilda. She still holds her back and has a hand on her chest.)

Jessica: (Fearfully) What? Haven’t I suffered enough? Oh Lord, what next?

Mathilda: Just came to ask how you liked the punishment I dished out to you?

Jessica: Please! You hurt me enough already.

Mathilda: (Starting to walk away) You are just an example of what happens to anyone that gets in the ring with me.

(Mathilda leaves while not closing the door. Jessica goes back to lying on her stomach and holding her lower back. Another girl comes in. She hasdark-blond hair and is about 15-16 years of age. She wears a navy blue and black leotard with high heel shoes, carries a cane, and is wearing a business shirt and jacket. She comes into the dressing room and closes the door.)

Jessica: (Turning around) Who are you?

New Girl: My name is Kate. I saw your match with Queen Kong. Not a very easy woman to beat. Might as well wrestle an elephant.

Jessica: That is what it felt like. By the way, you look like you are ready for a match.

Kate: I am. I am going to be wrestling some prison inmate.

Jessica: (Chuckling but still in some pain) Well, if you are going to fight a vicious prison inmate, God be with you.

Kate: Thanks. Is this your first time wrestling?

Jessica: Yes. How about you?

Kate: Same here. How do you feel?

Jessica: Still in some pain. That backbreaker move is very painful. Trust me. Lord knows.

Kate: I saw it. Just dashing you on her knee and then splashing you. That is brutal.

Jessica. Well, God saw it was going to happen at some point in the future. When do you wrestle?

Kate: Today.

Jessica: No. When do you wrestle?

Kate: In ten minutes.

Jessica: So, you still have time to talk.

Kate: If you want.

Jessica: That being my first match, I was so excited. I was hopeful to God that I would win using my wits.

Flashback: Jessica is taking off her jacket and giving it to the ringside attendant. Mathilda comes stalking down the aisle with a very intimidating look on her face. Jessica just stands and bites her lip. Mathilda slowly climbs into the ring and poses in a monstrous pose. Jessica, feeling confident, runs at her full steam ahead, attempting a dropkick to her back. Jessica falls to the ground and only pushes Mathilda forward slightly.

Jessica VO: I was about to pay the price for my presumption.

Mathilda then starts stomping on Jessica’s ribs. The scene changes into Kate’s face, who cringes.

Kate: That has got to hurt. Like, putting you in a match with a 200-something pound woman is like…. I don’t know….. murder.

Jessica: I know. Looks like God did not want me to win. I never even landed a blow after the failed drop-kick.

(Kate nods sagely)

Jessica: Or maybe God is saying this is much too advanced for me.
Kate: Maybe

Flashback: Much later in the match, Mathilda is bringing Ax Handle blows on Jessica’s back. Jessica is screaming in pain. Mathilda then stomps on her back. Mathilda then pulls her up by the arms and head butts Jessica, who then falls on her back, barely moving. Mathilda then picks up Jessica and holds her over her head. Mathilda then kneels down on one knee and then dashes Jessica back first over her knee. This makes Jessica roll off Mathilda’s knee. Jessica is semi-conscious and weakly holding her back. Mathilda turns her over to her back and lies down on top of her. The referee gets down to count. The scene changes back to the locker room.

Kate: (Astonished and sarcastically) Surprised you were not crippled.

Jessica: Yeah. I know. God must have given me strength. Not to win, mind you, but to have survived that backbreaker.

Kate: How do you feel now?

Jessica: Still some pain, but God willing, my back will get better.

(Just then, there is a knock on the door. Kate goes to open the door. Jessica by then is now starting to sit up with her hand still on her back. Kate opens the door to reveal a well-dressed man in his early thirties. This man is the promoter)

Promoter: (To Kate) Kate, your match is coming up next in a minute. So, you might want to get ready.

Kate: Okay. (To Jessica) Nice meeting ya!

(Kate leaves the dressing room and the promoter approaches Jessica on the bench and sits down with her.)

Promoter: I was watching your match. You have confidence and faith. I admire you for that.

Jessica: Thanks. It is with God’s help that I get through the day.

Promoter: (Nodding) Yeah. You told me a lot about your faith.

Jessica: It is what gives me strength.

Promoter: Listen. Do you think God would allow you to take part in another match?

Jessica: (Thinking) If it is in the divine plan, then Yes?

Promoter: How do you find out the divine plan?

Jessica: (With a smirk) In the heart and in the conscience.

Promoter: Okay, if your heart and conscience think they will allow you to take part in another match, call me.

Jessica: Yes, Sir!

(The promoter then leaves the dressing room. Jessica takes off her boots, revealing her bare feet. She pauses to consider on whether or not she should take part in another match. She looks at the ceiling in a contemplative prayer. Jessica the gets up, leaving her boots and still holding her back, trying to catch the Promoter.)

Jessica: Sir! Wait! I want to take part in another match! Wait for me!

(As Jessica walks out of the dressing room in her bare feet, the screen fades to black.)

lista - nowa wersja. Oby przeżyła!
bedford_parkian is offline                         Send a private message to bedford_parkian