View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 01:16 AM   #97
Will

I had both XWing and Tie Fighter for DOS and recently picked up both 95 versions. When playing the 95 version recently, I thought perhaps I was older but it didn't seem as cool as when I originally played them. It must have been my imagination that this game had music throughout the entire experience.

But nope, thanks to you, I now realize that I wasn't imagining anything. The DOS version did indeed use Imuse and had interactive music throughout the game! I feel that the interactive music goes a long way to make you feel at home in the star wars universe but maybe its just me since noone seems to mind the utter lack of music in the remakes.

But then again, maybe something is hokey with my setup. In XWing95/Tie95 I'm only getting music in the cutscenes and none at all during the flight scenes (just engine sounds), is anyone else getting this or is my installation screwed? My perfect world would be the high resolution 3d accelerated visuals of the 95 version and the interactive music of the DOS version.