View Single Post
Old 24-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #26
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamalot View Post
and even with the original cd in my dvd-drive mounted as D: to the windows 3.11 i won't get any music, just an error. i think there is no way to get music into this version...
THIS was the info that I needed. So it doesn't work for you, right. But it doesn't mean that MDS was wrong - only that your system doesn't recognize it. I vaguely remember that being a general issue for all Windowses wince Win8, but I cannot remember exactly what is the reason of it.

Anyway, it doesn't mean that MDS was wrong - but ISO is definitely bad choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
Why? mds/mdf is not supported by DOSBox, bin/cue is.
Problem is, making MDF is possible with the free DT Lite. Making CUE/BIN requires paid tools that I cannot assume for the spamalot. And mounting in DOSBox possible for the both versions - only with BIN/CUE it could work better, as it will be native DOSBox emulation, and with MDF it was like mounting "real" CD (and can be bugged. Or not. I cannot remember, as I said).
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamalot View Post
is bin/cue able to contain multiple tracks (data & audio)?

what program can i copy a mixed mode cd 1:1 (bitwise would be the best) to bin/cue?
Well, I have no idea. Actually, DT Lite _can_ do that, but I know that at least several years ago there was the error in the generated CUE - offset was wrong, so all tracks was started/ended in the wrong places. I have no idea if it fixed now, but cannot recommend that because of that.