View Single Post
Old 21-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #4
verek_22
Licenced misery wizard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sartoris @ Dec 19 2006, 05:33 PM) [snapback]272133[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V3r3k @ Dec 18 2006, 01:50 PM) [snapback]271973[/snapback]
Quote:
I love The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. I love the vast amount of things you can do. I was curious to know what everybody else thought, so I started this topic .
[/b]
Personally, I think it is one of the worst games ever made, and here are the reasons:

1) bad (really, really bad) story
2) uninteresting characters (I mean how much time has passed since Fallout, Planescape:Torment, Baldur's Gate, even Jagged Alliance - these games and many more had such memorable and diverse characters, while I couldn't give a damn about those in Oblivion, they're all the same, except for their faces - which are really badly done)
3) AI: non-existent
4) creatures level-up alongside you so that you can be level 20 and still have trouble killing a stupid skeleton with a rusty mace
5) BAD STORY (man, I really hate it)
6) boring enemies (except for the in-the-painting-weird-quest enemies, which were kinda cheesy, but a break in the legions of same old enemies
7) boring copy-paste quests: fetch this, retrieve this, kill that...only the underground has some nice ones, but nothing like in the games from the golden days (the pregnant alley, anyone?)
8) game was done by people who masturbate while making a pretty castle with shiny graphics and can't write an intelligent piece of dialogue
9) characters do not lead individual lives, but only follow a pre-made path of activities and make stupid with small-talk with other dumb characters while making weird and totally-unrealistic hand gestures
10) a huge world where you can't do anything you would really wanna do: oh sure, pick a few chests, steal this and kill that: originality anyone? Non-existent.

So far, The Failure of the Decade.
[/b][/quote]

I completely disagree. I don't care what you think, but I do care that your saying things like that and putting other people off it. Don't listen. Everything is great! The AI is more advanced than anything I have seen anywhere else! Its the best RPG ever (No offence Diablo 2!).
verek_22 is offline                         Send a private message to verek_22