Thread: Stars!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #27
Oskatat
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered12345 View Post
I followed dosraider's advice and successfully launched the game. But after playing through the tutorial I am struck down by disorder. It prompts me to enter the serial code. I have tried all the codes from the download at Abandonia but none of them worked.

Thanks
Sometimes when playing with a costum race, or for some other reason, an earlier game may demand a password. In the game, open the file (game name).hst
This opens host options where you can set the password. Its usually something you set before anyway. This is not the same as the serial code, its a way to make sure noone can steal your race designs etc

As an edit, really read that wiki page, or those pages
this game is from a time when they had to make a game interesting in some other way than graphics and easy interface. With the wrong specs you'll have your back against the wall in no-time

And even on easy the AI expands fast, real fast, AND into your "territory" too

well, lets add some more
When you choose a major characteristic, think of this: Jack of all trades gives you big, big penetrating scanners. "no advanced scanners is no big deal
Inner strength... Transports in orbit will HELP your colony grow. A galleon minelayer with some defences is deadly to AI AND helps to build your colony
Build minelayers, lots of them
Beam Weapons are better than Missile in the beginning
Missiles rule as soon as you get better computers and the ships with the elect to hold em
Matter Packets hurt, get a defender with some transport capacity on all border planets. better, get 10
Matter packets HURT, send them to anyone you suspect of not being able to catch em. they get 1/3rd of the matter and suffer a big bomb. Unless you picked the major trait related to this, since your packets may terraform planets
Again, more minefields. 3 minelayers a place is better than one time 3

most things i picked are also on the wiki/help pages for this game, but i thought i make it shorter

Last edited by Oskatat; 07-10-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat