View Single Post
Old 14-04-2005, 03:26 PM   #68
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

I don't know. On one hand, I'm a pen and paper RPG (like D&D) freak, so it should be RPG without question. Baldur's Gate 2, Planescape: Torment, Fallout, Lands of Lore, all the Gold Box games (such as Pool of Radience, Pools of Darkness, etc), Might and Magic, Wizardry, Ultima, Dark Heart of Uurkul, Betrayal at Krondor, Dungeon Master, MegaTraveller, the Buck Rogers games, Rogue aand the Roguelikes, and Eye of the Beholder are probably some of the best games ever made.

However, I was raised on adventure, and love it, especially all the Quest games, Gabriel Knight, Leisure Suit Larry, Monkey Island, Sam and Max, Infocom text adventures, Legend's games like Mission Critical, Gateway and Shannara, and even more, my two favourite genres cross in Quest for Glory.

And then, it's even more complicated by my love for strategy games such as Master of Orion, Civilization, Master of Magic, Age of Wonders, MechCommander, Dawn of War and Koei's games, like Celtic Tales.

But then it's even more complicated by classic, not braindead action games like the original Unreal, Wings of Fury, Moonstone, Gods, First Samurai, Turrican, Prince of Persia, Karateka...

And what about the crazy, incredible cross-genre games, like StarFlight, Pirates!, StarControl, and Sword of the Samurai?

Of course, I love a good puzzle or trivia game now and then, like Tetris, Redhook's Revenge, Lexi-Cross, and Dr. Brain.

So I guess you could say that I love all games.

GraveDigger, insulting other genres of games to make your point is a very weak and petty tactic indeed. Okay, you're probably bitter about adventure games being pushed out of the "limelight" so to speak, and feel that they deserve to be an institution again (and I agree with you) but isn't there a better way to get that across?

Oh, and whoever said that Settlers of Catan is overly complex (sorry, I think it was DeathDude, but I'm very lazy :bleh well, jeez. It's pretty simple to me. I hope you never run into the pen and paper RPGs Rolemaster and Traveller! Rolemaster is an undecipherable mess of charts and tables that you have to refer to when your character sneezes or adjusts his clothes, and Traveller, despite being incredibly fun, has VECTOR MATH as a component of it's space travel.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt