View Single Post
Old 13-02-2007, 09:30 AM   #14
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tito @ Feb 12 2007, 11:33 PM) [snapback]278993[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I'm eager to read "War and Peace", as I've enjoyed almost every novel by a russian writer until now, but I'll have to wait a while (maybe summer). The edition I have in my house is too heavy to carry to the subway.

[/b]
You could buy one of the special versions which cuts the book up into 4 books (the book itself is divided into 4 books). That would make it easier to carry around, but - as it is probably a bit on the expensive side - not the kind of thingyou want to carry around with you. You never know when the Rare Book Thief will strike.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Feb 13 2007, 08:51 AM) [snapback]279027[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Anyways, today I just started reading The 120 Days Of Soddom by (who else?) The Maquis De Sade... so far I'm not offended... [/b]
I've always felt quite naughty when I picked that book up in the library. Supposedly the first few parts are alright. But after that the entire novel falls to bits. De Sade was afraid they were going to execute him, so a large part of the book is written in note-form to himself. Thus you end up with a list of perverted activities which tend to get quite boring.