View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #5
nighthawk86

I see your points. But I still think that thay should try to stick to quality software, put more effort into obtaining more oldies and focus less on stuffing the site full of indieware. I bet very little of that is bought anyway. In my opinion they should stick to the course they set from the beginning.

Also when buying old DOS titles I really wish gog could offer original disk images for download. If games are after xx number of years taken out of abandonware status, and sold as retail don't we deserve to own the proper images? What source do they use for their releases? Abandonware sites? I have seen DOS games sold, that are not up to their latest version.

And often I see a games Manual listed as "Bonus content". That is bad practice. A manual is an expected part of the game.

These are just my thoughts. GOG does nice work in general and has made fixes to get a lot of older windows titles to run, which I am grateful for.
nighthawk86 is offline                         Send a private message to nighthawk86