View Single Post
Old 25-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #29
Gene machinist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twig View Post
I know this thread is old, really old, but I'm having a major problem running this game. It worked fine the first time I ran it. I got tired, saved, quit playing, and now I can't run it again. Well, I can run the game, but if I try to talk to anyone or look at anything the game just shuts down. Any ideas? I've tried all sorts of things but nothing helped. I'm running it in DosBox, by the way. I adjusted CPU cycles, configured sound several ways, ran under replay, etc. If I try to run it in XP I don't get any graphics, just sound. Blah! I'm so irritated! I looked but I didn't see anyone else had this problem. If anyone is out there, PLEASE HELP!
I've run into the same issue as the above poster. The game runs fine if I disable digital audio, but the voice acting is one of the best parts of this game, so running it without voiceover would suck the enjoyment out of it for me.

Dosbox seems to claim full compatibility for this game, and obviously others have gotten it to work. Could anyone help me figure out how to get this to work properly?

I've tried running the game with all the soundblaster options, and with gravis ultrasound. Same result each time, and the same thing also happens when I choose manual configuration and match it up to the dosbox settings instead of auto-detect. Nothing is set as read-only.

My actual OS is windows 7 x64, if it matters. The specs of my machine is:
Processor: i7 4790k
Graphics card: Asus gtx 980
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A
RAM: Kingston hyperx fury 16GB
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO