View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 03:48 AM   #25
twig

I know this thread is old, really old, but I'm having a major problem running this game. It worked fine the first time I ran it. I got tired, saved, quit playing, and now I can't run it again. Well, I can run the game, but if I try to talk to anyone or look at anything the game just shuts down. Any ideas? I've tried all sorts of things but nothing helped. I'm running it in DosBox, by the way. I adjusted CPU cycles, configured sound several ways, ran under replay, etc. If I try to run it in XP I don't get any graphics, just sound. Blah! I'm so irritated! I looked but I didn't see anyone else had this problem. If anyone is out there, PLEASE HELP!

+++MERGED+++

Okay, so I looked at an earlier post and figured out, much to my dismay, why it wasn't working. It seems I tried to get the speech to work by enabling the digital sound in setup. Unfortunately, I had another problem with the game. I couldn't see any of the movies. I had to guess what happened. When a "movie" would come up, the screen would get all weird looking and I just had to press the "Esc" button. All in all, I'd say the game was pretty dull. I wished there were more times that I could press the "Esc" button and skip all of it. The game just seemed like a lot of busy work. I didn't like it much. I don't think all of the "movies" I missed could possible have made up for it. Well, onto better things.
twig is offline                         Send a private message to twig