View Single Post
Old 15-10-2007, 08:09 AM   #150
Hiking Viking

Raise the CPU cycles to 5000-6000 (CTRL+12 increases, CTRL+11 decreases). Last week I played the game through with those cycles, and the game had just some minor lag on the last levels.

I had also the problem where the game crashes when I take father's sword. However, the crash didn't always occur. I think the crash probability was something like 50%. If I remember right, when you grab the sword, sometimes you take some damage and sometimes not. Maybe the game crashes always when you get killed at that point or always when you don't take damage or always when you do take damage... I think I should test it...

I found also another crash point, where the game seemed to crash every single time (when you do things in a specific way). Near the blue flame you have to do that big jump behind or at the end of the loose platform. If your steps go in a specific way and you time your jump so that you would jump at another part of the loose platform, the prince decides not to jump at all and runs straight to the pit, and then the game crashes. Fortunately, there's a saving point very near. And what's more, you most probably die and respawn at it before you get to that crash point, and then you possibly realize to save the game at that point, just to save time.

That reminds me, the jumping system really sucks in PoP2. In the prequel, the jumping system was much better. It auto-adjusted the run steps so that you could always jump as close to edges as possible. In PoP2, if your steps have wrong rhythm, it might not be possible to jump over a big gap. In the level 11 or 12 in a specific place colliding with a half-opened gate before jumping would always doom the jump to fail. However, both games had this annoying feature or bug that when your legs or middle body hits an edge in the end of a jump, you might not be able to grab that edge anymore.

Maybe the father's sword crash also needs you to be at certain position... try to grab it from different positions :S