View Single Post
Old 15-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #8
Tiger-Heli

Quote:
Originally posted by Data@Nov 15 2005, 01:40 PM
adlib games that play through your pcspeaker

don't think that happends with a lot of people. let alone with somebody.
are you certain you are correct ?

vdmsound emulates a adlib/soundblaster card for you. no pc speaker.
I'm correct, but I worded it poorly.

The game supports (through different drivers) either the AdLib, Roland, or PC Speaker sound cards. The only one that currently works is the IBM sound driver which plays through the PC internal speaker, not the speakers attached to the sound card.

What I meant to ask was since VDMSound is supposed to emulate AdLib, and since the game supports Adlib, couldn't I just set it up to use VDMSound and have it play through the speakers attached to the soundcard, and is there some drawback to this over an install of DosBox and Dfend?

Also - slightly different question - Could I write a batch file to call DosBox and then the game, rather than launching through Dfend? (I saw something in the tutorial about DosBox only reading Autoexec.bat when launched from the start menu . . .)

Thanks again.

Also, really straying from the topic - These are basically all Microprose titles - F-19, F-117A, and Gunship, (and maybe Gunship 2000).

I have actual copies of F-19 and Gunship.

The technical supplement for F-19 says to use the /D1 /D2 or /D3 flags for detail adjust and the /AA /AI /AR or /AN flags for soundcard selection, but these flags don't work with F-117A and I have been unable to locate the F-117A Technical Supplement online. Does anyone know the appropriate settings for F-117A?
Tiger-Heli is offline                         Send a private message to Tiger-Heli