Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Schabernakel-anbeter@Feb 20 2005, 02:26 AM
do you need respect to survive
do you need respect to rule other people
do you need respect to be loved by other people

i think we all just wanna be loved, thats all
I don't need respect, nor do others need to be respected by me, yet I respect some people and I know they respect me.

To be honest - do you need your computer? Do you need all the food you eat?

Respecting each other isn't about what we need, it's about what we should do in order to live together as a comunity.
If you don't respect the person next to you, you might just walk all over that person instead of helping that person to get up. And that would be wrong.
Respecting someone - or something - is doing right, because it's the right thing to do. I repsect nature, so I won't go out cutting down trees. I respect animals, so I'll try to feed the birds in winter and I automatically stop the car if an animal runs over the road (that could cause an accident, but I simply press the brake if I see a cat running over the road). I respect people, that's why I try to help them - there's a various range of things you can do - most of them are just nice behaviour: opening doors for someone, greeting, letting pedestrians cross, helping someone with cariying stuff, stoping when you see someone might be in trouble, standing up to let somebody more needy sit down (if somebody is older, or can not stand anymore,...). That's basic human respect, that let's us get along easier and makes this world a nicer place.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos