Thread: Warez
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 12:59 PM   #54
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

LOL

It's incredible how hard for some people is to understand diversity in our growing community.

I'm coming from south-east European country, and I know what people works for and how much of savings you have to do to afford purchase of computer. At the time you spend all your money on computer, only way to play the games is to download them or get pirated versions.

Now, that I live in western world, and I have somewhat nice paid job, I'm still not baying newest games, as I believe that they are overpriced. I usually wait 6-12 months to get them at price from 10-20 us dollars. All of mine PS2 games are bought at price of 20 or less dollars and none of my consoles is moded, so all of my games for PS, PS2 and Sega Genesis are originals. I just bought Dreamcast last weekend, and this is my first console capable of playing home-burned cd's, but mainly reason I got it is to play emulators on it. My GBA SP is different story. :angel: :blink:

I am not saying that illegal software is good, nor that people should not get it, just that I understand why some people can't afford it, and they still like to play a game. By saying this we have to conclude that games are addictive same as drugs.

And as far as I know, gaming industry made a lot of people rich, but in many cases bad business decision were reason for most of company to get out of job.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue