View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 07:06 PM   #6
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Something everybody agrees on. Awww, how nice

I mean, yes. That kid deserved some parental guidance. I think the main reason these kids get so neglected is the fact that computer games occupies the kids so the parents don't have to look out for them. At least for that time when the kid is in another realm of existence, say Azeroth for example.
I think parents like this think "Oh how nice. Billy is playing. He is silent, he doesn't asks for money, he is not causing trouble, he wont hurt himself there, he it not out on the street(it's dangerous). Yes maybe he is playing a little too much, but hey, in the meantime he is not using drugs, he is not having unsafe sex and don't drink. And I can relax a bit while he is sitting there. Pure asset."

And this is the bad thing. While Billy is busy mutilating orcs in Azeroth, he get more and more drawn away from the real world and becomes addicted. Believe me, I've been there I was playing Anarchy Online for months. College internet is free, the pizza comes when I need it, sleeping... bah, who needs sleeping when I need to reach level 50. It's just 4000 more XP... just a little bit more... oh YES, I'm lvl 50... hmm... but to use this pistol I need level 55... damn... okay, level 55 here I come!!!
I think you get the picture....

When I realized what I was doing, my grades took a fall to the gutter, I gained much weight, I lost friends, I lost money, I lost my social skills("I'M playing here damit! Leave me alone!"), my health was so bad I catched every single sickness came my way...

Okay, to put it another way: DON'T F*CKIN PLAY MMORPGS!!!! EVER!!!
Oh, sure there are some people that can keep a distance and don't become addicted, but don't find out if you are one...

All in all, MMO games are dangerous. Literally. To your health, to your bank balace, to your social connections...etc. And this is not on the box for a reason <_<

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh