View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #5
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

I have to agree with the above. Something is seriously wrong with parents letting their child play the same game for 36 hours straight, and something is seriously wrong with a kid commiting suicide to join his online heroes.

I mean... 36 hours, is like 1 and a half day, which is at least 4-6 meals the kid hasn't come down to...

If I had a kid gamer (and I probably will), I would've dragged his sorry screaming and protesting behind down to the dinnertable, if he didn't take the hint the fourth time we were yelling that the soup is getting cold.

Then I would've spoken to him about the wonderful gods "Save" and "Pause". Most games comes equipped with those, and should be worshipped to on a healthy basis.

Then I would've exercised him a little. After 36 hours of sitting in front of a screen, it feels good to move about a little... well, once the muscles have gotten their blood back, at least.

I'm sorry to say it, but this family is a prime-example of "How to not look after your kid."