View Single Post
Old 24-02-2024, 04:21 PM   #573
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Lovecraft's Untold Stories

This says on its page is a rogue-like, but it surprisingly lacks enemies.
What it also lacks, as usual, to tell what equipment is worth carrying around. So if you seriously want to bother, find a guide or something, because eventualy, you'll run out of equipment.

90% of the rooms for me were empty on the first floor (or what), found no new character.
The special moves make the controls a problem, or at least will on the later stages, because I just shotgunned everything not really bothering.

That the first floor's boss was Cthulhu itels was a letdown.

The game has some nasty trick, namely: the spikes in the floor which make you bleeding make walking around the map a hassle.
The boss-room started in a very narrow corridor for me, so it could do some cheap potshot on me.
Lastly, there was a room with enemies, so instant instinct made me shoot. Well, in the damage area was an explosive barrel that killed me. I had an ankh to not loose my game, but that's a rare thing, and either way, it's a rogue-like, so you should know about this.

Mys problem is, it's not very interresting. As it is a rogue-like the lore-pieces are like Binding of Isaac: worth nothing; and the enemies being scarce does not help either.

So I say the game is mid. If you know what items will be needed to collect, and are ready to sink in your time, it's not a bad experience, I just can play something more exciting.